Blog Archive

Knitting

Last night I did something I thought I would never do. I went to a "Learn to Knit" class at the John M. Cuelenaere library here in Prince Albert. The reason I say this is something I thought I would never do is because I always thought knitting was for grandmothers (and I'm a ways away from that stage of life with two babies in the house right now). I have noticed that knitting seems to be back in vogue these days though and since I've been learning how to sew recently I thought I would try my hand at knitting. My other thought was that since we drive into Saskatoon (from Prince Albert) nearly every weekend I could use the driving time to do something with my hands. So, knitting it is!

The class is very informal with lots of one on one help. It's also free which is a bonus. I recently acquired some needles from my mother-in-law and some yarn/wool from my mother so I'm good to go! Last night we learned how to cast on and do the knitting stitch. I think I've mostly got it now. I've stopped and restarted several times though. My tension is just no good. The lady teaching the class says that can take years to master. Oh boy!


So, I can now say that I know how to knit (barely) and we'll see where this new hobby takes me! For now I just need to master the basics. Click Click Clickety Click!