Blog Archive

New Year... New Blog

I've been thinking about starting a blog for a while now, and I thought the new year was a good time to officially begin. Here's a little information to let you know what "Prairie Perch" is all about.

Prairie Perch is about discovering and exploring great style and good design in all places but especially close to home. “Home” for me is the Canadian prairies – a place where great style is alive and well. Come and join me on my journey of discovery in this neck of the woods, or more appropriately, this patch of the wheat field.

Here are a few specifics outlining what this blog is all about: 
  • Featuring good design and style from various sources.
  • Sharing design ideas. 
  • Featuring and hopefully inspiring good homemaking.
  • Featuring local restaurants, small businesses, artists and designers that may be up and coming or familiar but too fabulous not to share.
  • Categorizing my "finds" by city/town so you can check them out for yourself (you can find a list of my finds in the lovely and local tab on the home page).
  • Showing that good style is alive and well here on the prairies. 
  • Letting you in on various projects I've been up to around my home (or my "perch").
My hope is that I'll also be able to have some house tours at some point, featuring some of the lovely homes here on the prairies. Thanks for your interest!


So, that's a little about "Prairie Perch" and here's to a Happy New Year! Let the blog begin!