Blog Archive

Come On In! (A Look Inside the New House)

Hello, friends! I hope this finds you well. We've been enjoying a quiet Monday at home after a full weekend. I was able to stroke a few more new house things off the to do list and of course we stopped by to see how things are going. It's clicking along and I'm pleased to invite you inside this week! It's a little dirty and rather drafty but you're welcome to come in and have a look around. First, a look at the exterior with the roof on and the doors and windows in.








There's more I could show you but it kind of all looks the same at this stage of things.

I don't think I showed you this school house light though. It's what I ended up choosing for the mudroom and pantry. I like the white milk glass and the casual, industrial feel of the fixture. It was also a great price and comes with some extension rods so it can be used as a pendant light or as a semi-flush mount fixture (which is how we'll use it).



O.k. and what do you think of this vinyl (linoleum) flooring? We're doing lino in the mudroom, pantry and laundry room and I'm having a hard time deciding.



It does look fake in some ways but that's kind of what you get with vinyl. It's made to look like tile or wood or concrete but it of course it isn't and you can tell. There isn't really a way around that. I know the black and white would probably show the dirt, but I thought the look of it tied in nicely with the school house light. What do you think?

And while we're at it, here's some of our other flooring choices.

Country Cream Carpet

This Colour of Stain but in Maple

O.k. and what do you think of the tile in the upper left hand corner (with the zig zag pattern)? I was considering it for around the fireplace. We'd use about 6" of it to frame the fireplace.



Decisions. Decisions.

-Sarah