Blog Archive

Ottoman... finito!

Sooo, I was able to finish my DIY ottoman yesterday. I'm very excited to finally be able to share it with you. It was a smashing success (if I do say so myself)! 

The inspiration ottoman was the Humphrey Ottoman by Shine (SHO). It comes in a variety of different upholstery options. I decided to go with with the white leather look. 

I hope to share a tutorial on how it was made, but for now I'm just going to show it off.







The Humphrey Ottoman sells for around $2,000, but I was able to get this glam look for less than $150. (You can see why I couldn't just go ahead and purchase the real thing.) 

It was a time-consuming project but well worth I think. We have yet to decide exactly where we'll put it, but I know it's a keeper. Have you finished any "finally" projects lately? It's always nice to stroke those off the list after they've been there for so long. 


I'd like to say a big thank you to my brother, Stephen, and our friend, Sam, for helping with the construction of the ottoman.


Tutorial to come. For now, I'm going to sit back and put my feet up our newest piece of furniture!


-Sarah