Blog Archive

Stairwell Gallery Wall

Happy Monday, y'all! I hope your weekend was wonderful. As I mentioned last week, the stairwell is really coming together, and I was able to hang a small gallery wall in the space. That means one of the large, empty walls is no longer empty. This once barren corner of the house is turning into a new favourite spot! I keep pausing as I walk up or down the stairs to admire the transformation. (I'm thinking some art would look great on the other wall, but I haven't started on that yet.)

Here's a quick look at how I hung the gallery wall. I did it all on my own without another set of hands or eyes. That meant I had to do some careful planning and measuring. Once I had decided on the layout, I traced each of the frames onto paper, cut them out, taped them to my wall, and then played with the spacing and configuration until I was happy.







The careful planning paid off, and I got it right the first time! Here's how it looks...




The bottom photographs (left and right) were taken by friends. The top photograph/print (left and right) remind us of places we've been. And the bottom middle frame is a verse of Scripture written out by a friend in the Farsi language.

Another great thing about this project is that it cost us nothing. We were able to use pieces we already had; it just required some moving around.

Gallery wall success! Yay! Now, one more barren wall to tackle.

-Sarah