Blog Archive

Guest Room Update

Hello and Happy Monday to you all! I wanted to give you an update on how things are going with the guest room in my parent's home. As I've mentioned, the sideboard is painted and I'm finally giving you a look at it! (Sorry it's taken me so long.)

We used Emperor's Silk Annie Sloan Chalk Paint. My mom did the painting, and she said both the paint and wax were easy to work with and we love the colour! It works perfectly with the curtains. A big thank you to Tara Jamieson of Lauren Lane Decor in Calgary for getting us the paint and giving us some "how to" tips along the way.



And here's a look at the new light fixture - a HUGE improvement on what was there previously.



A reminder of what was there...


Yep. The new fixture is definitely an improvement.

We've also added a bedside table and lamp to the room. Sorry I didn't snap a picture (bad blogger). We hope to get a bed in there soon and then we just have the decorative elements to finish up. At the rate we're going, it likely won't be completely finished for a while, but little by little it's getting done.

Hope you have a good start to your week!

-Sarah