Blog Archive

Black and White Floors

As a young girl I remember visiting my aunt's house - an old home in need of some attention. There were some nice structural elements to the home; it had the kinds of details that give a home character and make it unique. I remember the kitchen having a black and white checkered floor. It stuck in my mind. Black and white checkered or diamond-patterned floors really make a statement. You may think it's a bold move but the look is actually quite classic. I think an entry or bathroom would be the perfect place for this flooring style and apparently others have had the same thought! (Ha)







I just might have to find a place to do this in our next home. Is it a look you would go for?

-Sarah

Image Sources: Elizabeth Dinkel; via decorpad (2 images); Sloan Mauran; House & Home; Bijou & Boheme