Blog Archive

A Look Inside "Pale & Interesting"

I ordered Pale & Interesting by Atlanta Bartlett and Dave Coote a few months ago, and I've enjoyed looking through it recently. The book's premise is to provide inspiration for decorating with whites, pastels and neutrals to create a warm and welcoming home. The overall style of the book's interiors leans towards shabby chic, rustic modern and country charm. The interiors are really pretty, and you'll especially like the book if you enjoy that rustic, country look. My main reason for choosing the book was the focus on whites and soft, muted colours (which I love). I have enjoyed the lovely styling as well.

Here's a sampling of what's inside.

















I would say the authors were successful in achieving their goal in putting the book together - there's nothing too formal or serious about any of the spaces. The overall "lived in" look does create a welcoming feel, and the colour pallet is so simple and serene.

Thanks for stopping by!

-Sarah

all images taken from Pale & Interesting by me