Blog Archive

A New Look for our Master Bedroom

When we moved into our current home I took the opportunity to give our master bedroom a new look. The old look had been rather feminine which I liked, but I was pretty sure my husband was ready for something a little less girly. I wasn't able to spend much so I had to work with what we already had as much as possible. Here are some before and after shots to see what I came up with. We both like the new look and it was relatively easy to achieve. 

(Click on images to enlarge)




In case you're wondering, the headboard is a door cut to the correct size and covered with paintable wallpaper. I had originally painted it a light pink but went with the dark grey to add that masculine element. I like how the pattern of the wallpapr is feminine but the colour is masculine. The pillow is from Winners; the lamps from Urban Outfitters; the side tables, wall decals and dressers from IKEA. (The feather wreath was also a DIY project.) Out with "girly look" and in with the "happy mix" look!