Blog Archive

The Colour Yellow

Yellow. It's a colour I never wear. A few years ago I would have shyed away from using it in my home too. Recently I've been warming up to the colour though, and now I find myself actually drawn to it. I've used it in a few places in my home. Sparingly, yes, but it's there. Here's a look at the colour yellow in a variety of hues and paired with several other colours.


Yellow & Yellow. This monochromatic look is simple and soothing.

Elle Decor


Yellow & White. These colours create a bright, clean look.

Elle Decor

House and Home

House and Home


Yellow & Purple. A rich and dramatic look. (Grey works really well as an additional colour.)

House and Home

House and Home

House and Home


Yellow & Blue. The ever-popular colour duo (for obvious reasons).

Decor Pad


The Lennoxx

Elle Decor


Yellow & Black. A striking combination.

Domino

Style at Home


Throwing some aqua blue in there works really well too. 

House and Home

Elle Decor


Yellow & Pink. Depending on the shade of pink, this palette can look bright and cheery or rich and glamorous.

Decor Pad

Rue Magazine

Style at Home


Yellow & Brown. These colours create a restful, natural look. A bright yellow can offer a punch of colour, while a more subdued tone can function more as a neutral.

House and Home

House and Home


Yellow & Grey. I almost forgot about this combo, but I'm glad I didn't. To me the combination is a bit of a contradiction that works beautifully. Grey skies and sunshine? Sure! The palette has a soft, soothing effect. The grey seems to tone down the yellow somehow.

Domino

House to Home

Kate Spade

Summer Thornton

Whew! That ended up being a rather looong post.
I don't own a stitch of yellow clothing, but I'm enjoying the colour's warm, sunny hue around my home. So, tell me... are you a yellow person? If you are, what colour (or colours) do you like to pair with it?

-Sarah

Links: 
Elle Decor
House and Home
Style at Home
Decor Pad
The Lennoxx
Rue Magazine
Kate Spade
Summer Thornton