Blog Archive

Mismatched Dining Room Seating

Good day, my friends! I hope your weekend was most excellent. Mine was quiet and relaxing, filled with lots of family time and a little bit of shopping... perfect! 

I've recently been intrigued by the mismatched dining seating that's out there. I say intrigued because it's not a look I am naturally drawn to or something I feel I could pull off very easily. It seems tricky to do and even trickier to do well. The mismatched look adds interest though; it's a bold move in my opinion. It also means you can switch things up a little and you don't have to invest in an entire set of chairs if you don't want to.


Some like to really mix it up...


Via Domino

House and Home

House and Home

Lisa Palmer via House and Home



Others stick to a mismatched but still somewhat symmetrical look. (I might have a better chance at pulling this off.)


House and Home

House and Home

Via Decorpad

Via Decorpad

Suzanne Kasler via House and Home




What do you think of this look? Is it interesting and lovely or just "wrong" in your mind. I agree that it's not for everyone, but it has a certain unexpected charm to it, especially when done well. 


Thanks for stopping by! I hope you have a good start to your week. It's raining again where I live. Time to pull out the books and puzzles!


-Sarah

p.s. Thanks for your suggestions on which collage option to go with. I didn't get around to hanging the frames this past weekend. Hopefully I can fit it in sometime this week. 

Links: