Blog Archive

Summer Eating

A few days ago, we had "salad night" at our house. "Salad Night" means that our supper consisted of, you guessed it, salads! Growing up, I was friends with a gal whose parents were vegetarians, and I remember them having salad night on a regular basis. I thought I would give it a try at our house. Salads are a healthy option (as long as they're not doused in creamy salad dressings) and perfect for hot summer days. 





The 4 Salads:
#1 Curried Quinoa Salad with Black Beans and Mango (See recipe here.)
#2 Roasted Beets
#3 Tossed Salad with Roasted Almonds, Cranberries and Fresh Tomatoes
#4 Watermelon Salad


I didn't have a recipe for the watermelon salad per se. I simply cubed the watermelon, threw in some toasted pine nuts, feta cheese and fresh mint leaves, and drizzled a very small amount of olive oil over top. It was yummy! So fresh tasting.


I think we'll try this salad night thing again! (If you have a favourite salad recipe please send it my way!)


-Sarah