Blog Archive

My Top 5 Free-Standing Tubs

Now that fall is here and in full swing, I find myself wanting to crawl into the tub more often.There's nothing like a hot bath before bed, and lounging in a stylish, free-standing tub would send me off into my dreams before I ever crawled into bed! 

Free-standing tubs are all the rage these days. The tub feels more like a piece of furniture when it stand on its own in the space. Since it doesn't have to be pushed against a wall or tucked into a corner, the tub can take centre stage in the bath. Here are a few lovely tubs at various price points. Some are over the top, and some are fairly affordable. Have a look!


#1 Uberhaus Design at RONA & Acri-tec Freestanding Bath at Home Depot (Two stylish options at lower price points.)





#2 71" Kaya Freestanding Resin Tub (3,000)






#3 Cartesio by Benedini Associati for Agape (11,000) That built in storage is great, and, if you prefer, this tub can be tucked into a corner... versatile! 





#4 Calypso bath by WS Bath Collections (24,000) Very glam (and very expensive)!



#5 Ocean Shell Wooden Tub by Baglo Sasso (I can't seem to find the price on this one, so that probably means it's pricey. I like the shape and the wood look though!) 




Ahhh. I feel more relaxed just looking at these soaker tubs. 


Before I sign off for the week, I want to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving. I guess that would be a Happy Canadian Thanksgiving. Enjoy the turkey and pumpkin pie, and most importantly, count your many blessings. There are many indeed.


-Sarah