Blog Archive

Thinking About Brushstroke

This stunning stairwell designed by Kelly Wearstler (many of you will be familiar with it) has got me thinking about brushstroke.


Wallpaper by Porter Teleo; Image via House & Home

The brushstroke effect is being used on anything and anywhere these days. I can't say I'm fond of it at all times, but I don't mind it here and there. If done right, it lends an artsy, dramatic feel to a space. I doubt I'd ever have the guts to do my stairwell like Ms. Wearstler, but I could go for some brushstroke artwork or dinnerware. Here's a little round up for you.











What do you think of brushstroke? Is it a look for you?

-Sarah

sources: artwork by James Nares; lamp via pinterest; skirt via forever 21; dishes by David Stark for West Elm; Giuseppe-Zanotti platform pumps; Gucci print silk crepe dress; Room Design by Jennifer Ferreira; Jim Thompson Fabric Opus Collection; Kate Spade Stationary; Painter's Chair by Suzan Fellman