Blog Archive

What a dork


I probably shouldn't be admitting this, but what the heck!!!  I don't always keep up on who's who in the interior design world. Most of time I look at all the pretty pictures in the magi's.    Well, I could kick myself in the butt for this one.  I was out sourcing for a client, down the street from Hollywood Home.  I saw this NEW store,  that  just opened and of course I ran inside!   Eye candy everywhere!!!. I was standing there in this jaw dropping zone until this handsome dude came walking up to me and said, " Hi" .  I'm like WOW, this shop/showroom is amazing!!  Is this your showroom?  Did you design it or hire someone?  OKAY, you big designer dork!!!   I was talking to Joe Lucas, himself!!!  The proud owner of this beautiful new store Harbinger and an amazing designer!!!!    Well...I didn’t know that until a week later when this month’s House Beautiful came out. I was actually TALKING to JOE Lucas.  He was so humble and totally helping me, getting swatches, etc. Ohhh mannn.  Oh well!  It was a thrill to have met him even though I didn’t know who the hell he was.   What a guy!!!  and...his head hasn't blown up to the size of a watermelon.!!!  The guy is mega talented!!!
Check out this gorgeous kitchen he and his partner Parrish Chilcoat pulled off!  The entire house is fab! 











You've also got to see their new diggs!!! 
 






 
Have a great weekend!

K&M