Blog Archive

Beautiful Brass

Ah... Brass. It's good. It's lovely. And these brass tables by Jan Showers are perfection! 





And then there's this brass table available at Neiman Marcus. So stunning.





I also found these great styles at Baker. Lovely and Classic.




 

Brass has certainly enjoyed a recent comeback. You can bring it into your home in smaller ways if you're not digging those coffee tables as much as me.














Sources: via pinterest (2 images); Apartment Therapy; Design Sponge; House and Home; via pinterest (2 images); Jonathan Adler; The Zhush (trays and pencil holder); Jonathan Adler; Martha Sturdy (2 pieces)

And here are a few brass accents for the home that won't cost you an arm and a leg. Brass on a budget! 








So, are you big on brass these days too? I guess everything that goes around, come around. I remember my parent's having a brass bed when I was growing up. I really didn't like it, and eventually they got rid of it. Perhaps I'd feel differently about it now. The brass was very shiny and yellow though; I seem to prefer the antique or burnished brass look. How about you?

O.k. and just to make this post ridiculously long, look at these rather awesome DIY projects I found in my "travels".

Take this light fixture from IKEA.



Spray paint it with this (Burnished Brass Rustoleum Spray Paint). 



And you get this!


Source: Amy Butler's House Tour


Take this boring, old coffee table.




And with some spray paint and a new, dark-stained top, you get this!




Full tutorial here.

O.k. and one more. Take two basic IKEA lack tables and add brass corners. Genius!


Source: Unknown (found via pinterest)

People make beautiful stuff... beautiful brass stuff. Yes, indeed. Have a great day, friends!

-Sarah