Blog Archive

Mom's Office (The Saga Continues)

Perhaps you will remember that I was going to be helping my mom rework her office space into a more efficient and slightly better looking room. Yes, it was supposed to be a summer project. No, it's not finished. (I knew the backyard pool was going to be a major distraction on those hot summer days.) Oh well. We're in no rush, and with the extra time to think about things, my parents have changed their minds once again! They've decided to make the room more of a guest bedroom which I think is a smart move. Now, let's get the show on the road!

I've reworked the space in my head, and this is a peak at what it looks like with a few new/different furnishings.



If it seems to lack colour, remember that we have floor-length curtains up in this bold print. 



And we're going to be painting this sideboard a red/orange colour (I guess I'm feeling brave today).


I'm hoping it will turn out to look something like this.

via Lauren Lane Decor


I'm pretty certain there will be no shortage of colour. 

I want to have a few fun touches in the space too since the grand kids will be "the guests" that most often sleep there. More on that another time.

What do you think?

-Sarah