Blog Archive

Recipe: Black Bottom Cupcakes

As I mentioned yesterday, I had plans to do some baking (something I haven't done in a while). I'm a lover of all things sweet, but this particular cupcake is a true favourite. I haven't shared any recipes for a while, so I thought I'd take the opportunity to pass this one on to you. It's a real gooder! Kind of like eating cheesecake wrapped in chocolate cake. Tempting? I think so.


Black Bottom Cupcakes

8 oz. Cream Cheese, softened
1 Egg
1/3 C. Sugar
6 oz. Chocolate Chips
1 C. Sugar
1 1/2 C. Flour
1/4 C. Cocoa
1 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1 C. Water
1/2 C. Oil
1 tbsp. Vinegar
1 tsp. Vanilla

Mix the first 4 ingredients together and set aside. Beat together the rest of the ingredients. Half fill muffin liners or greased muffin tins. Add one big tsp. of cream cheese mixture. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes. Note: Will fall when baked. Cool fully or will seem raw. 


Yummo! Wish I could pass a few on to you. I guess you'll just have to imagine how good they taste, and then try the recipe for yourself!

-Sarah

images via pinterest