Blog Archive

The Perfect Paint & A Look at the Empty Guest Room

Hello, friends! I hope this finds you well. I spent yesterday afternoon clearing out my mom's office space. She left the house and I got to work. The room already looks better, and now it's easier to visualize how the new pieces are going to look and fit in the space. 




A closer look at the curtains.





And the rug and duvet cover with the curtain edge. 




I had hoped to have found some paint yesterday as well so we could get started on the sideboard. Our initial plan was to purchase paint in Saskatoon from one of our local paint stores, but after seeing the red dresser at Lauren Lane Decor, I changed my mind. Tara (of Lauren Lane Decor) painted the dresser using Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Emperor's Silk. 




I've heard people raving about the paint, and I thought the red colour would be perfect. I got in touch with Tara and placed an order. Not only do I like the red colour, but the paint is specifically made for use on furniture. You also use a protective layer of wax once the piece has been painted to finish things off. Oh, and there's no need to sand or prime; the paint affixes to nearly any surface (big selling point for me). 


We're eagerly awaiting our Annie Sloan paint (Tara ships it from Calgary) and can't wait to pull out the brushes and get started! I'll let you know how it goes. 


Has anyone out there used the paint before? I'd be curious to know how you liked it. 


Have a great weekend everyone! 


-Sarah