Blog Archive

Constrasting Seat Cushions

Happy Valentine's Day, friends! I hope your day is lovely and filled with at least a little bit of special. I don't have anything very Valentines-ish for you today. Sorry. Hope you can get your red and pink fix somewhere!

I've been dreaming about slip covering our sofa for a while now. It's a rather bland brown colour and I'd like something different. I still like the style of the sofa, but I'd like a fresh, non-brown look. I've avoided tackling the project to date though. To be honest, I'm a little intimidated by it and recently I've noticed a different kind of look that would be an easy out for me. The look I've spotted is sofas with contrasting seat cushions, where the seat cushions are a different fabric from the rest of the sofa. Here's what I mean...



Here's a banquette with the same look.



This could be something for me to try. It would be simpler than doing the whole sofa but would still give me that fresh, new look I'm dreaming of. I could even choose a patterned fabric if I dare.

What are your thoughts? It seems like a good place to start, and if I still find myself wishing for the full slipcover, I can always change things up down the road.

-Sarah

Image Sources: Suzanne Dimma; House and Home; pinterest