Blog Archive

House Plans on a Smaller Scale

As many of you know, we're in the process of finalizing plans for a new build. Things are moving along well, and I hope it will all be official soon. There's another kind of "new build" I'm dreaming of embarking on though. It's a new build in a miniature way. I've been dreaming of a dollhouse for my little girl. She doesn't know about it yet, and I don't think I'm going to mention it. It would be so much fun to put the house together for her, furnish it (at least partially) and present it to her for her 4th birthday this fall or perhaps at Christmas. It makes be giddy just thinking about it!

After searching around, I found the Little Dollhouse Company (based out of Toronto, Canada). They have some amazing dollhouses, dollhouse kits, and all the accessories! I was blown away.





Aren't they darling? This is the one I've been eyeing. It's called the Beacon Hill.


The only catch is, it comes looking like this...


I'd have my work cut out for me, but it would be fun and my little girl would enjoy hours and hours of play time sitting in front of this dream house.

The Little Dollhouse Company has ALL kinds of dollhouse styles. Those who prefer a more modern aesthetics will be happy to know there's even something for you!



The dollhouses range in price from $20.00 for an assemble-it-yourself kit to $8,000.00 (yes, you read that right) for a gracious, assembled house. Click HERE to see the assembled Queen Anne Dollhouse. (You have to see it from all angles to get the full effect.)

So, am I crazy to try and build a house while I'm... building a house?

-Sarah