Blog Archive

Humphrey Ottoman Options

So, things are in the works with my DIY project based on the Humphrey Ottoman by Shine Furniture. I've decided on the size and my brother (who is going to be constructing it) has drawn up some plans on how he'll cut the pieces and put them together. We've agreed that it would be best for him to cut all of the sides which I'll then cover, and he'll put the covered pieces together. 

I was originally going to go with a white leather-looking vinyl to cover the ottomans, but now I'm having second thoughts. I've stumbled across a few colours and patterns that are really quite pretty. I'm curious to know what you think. Which of the following do you prefer?

#1 The original inspiration in white:


image via Peridot Decorative Homeware

Here are a few others I've seen recently. What do you think?

#2 A dark colour and perhaps a slightly textured fabric:

image via Shine Furniture

#3 A bright colour (like these turquoise ones at the end of the bed):

Room Design by Tobi Fairley

#4 A patterned fabric:

image via CUNEO & CO

So, I need your help. Leave me a comment to let me know which option you prefer. 

Again, here are the options to choose from:

1. White
2. Dark Colour (perhaps grey)
3. Bright Colour (like the turquoise)
4. Patterned Fabric

And of course if you have any other thoughts or suggestions I would love to hear them!

-Sarah