Blog Archive

Mirrored Box... A Pretty Project to Try

I came across this mirrored box project several months ago now via The Art of Doing Stuff. It's quick and easy to put together and I love the finished look. I put this particular box together last night in about 10 minutes. Taking the product stickers off was the hardest part! 

Hot Chocolate... Optional


This morning I did a little photo shoot using some of the photography tips I recently picked up from a class I'm taking. (They were photography tips, not floral arranging tips so don't look too closely at the floral part.)


The box turned out well and the photos so so. The natural light was not very abundant this morning so there are definitely some shadows. Oh well. It was fun to do and I'll just have to try again on a more sunny day. 

If you're interested in making a mirrored box of your own you can check out the little tutorial here. It will cost you $5 and require a trip to Dollarama (provided you already own a glue gun). The box doesn't have to be used as a vase either. It can hold anything you like... make-up, pencils, paint brushes, etc. Have fun!

You can check out other styled shoots I've done here