Blog Archive

My Top 5 Sofa Styles

Here are my top 5 sofa styles (not listed in any particular order). I tend to like a more modern look overall. Something sleek with simple lines... nothing too big or imposing. 

The style we have in our home right now is the last one I listed (with the low, slightly curved arm). We went with this one because my husband's #1 criteria in choosing a sofa was comfort and this one fit the bill.


Sources are listed below each photo (if known). 


The L-shaped sofa...
(Click on images to enlarge)
Gus Modern Design Group


The Classic Slipcovered Look (and such a great price tag on this particular one too)...

IKEA Ektorp Sofa


The Tufted Look...

Montauk Tufted Sofa



A Modern Twist on an Antique Style...

Source Unknown




The Low-Arm Beauty (two variations)...

Chloe Sofa - Sarah Richardson Design

Milton Sofa - Candace Olsen