Blog Archive

Soup to Share #2


 Here's my "Soup to Share" recipe for the week. This recipe was passed on from my mother-in-law; I'm sorry I don't know the original source. How would I describe this particular soup? The words rich and satisfying come to mind. It's a favourite in our house... even amongst the younger family members. I hope you get a chance to try it.


Soup to Share #2: Cauliflower Soup

1 Head of Cauliflower, in pieces
1/4 C Butter
1 Medium Onion, chopped
2 tbsp. Flour
2 C Chicken Broth
2 C Milk or Cream
1/2 tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
1 tsp. Salt
1 C Cheddar Cheese, grated

Cook the cauliflower in water until soft. Drain most of the water but not all. Mash the cauliflower. In a different pot, melt the butter and cook the onion. Blend in flour, add stock and boil. Add cauliflower and the other ingredients. Heat just to below boiling (don't let it boil or the milk separates). Enjoy!