Blog Archive

My Weekend at HomeStyles 2011

I mentioned on Friday that I was going to be attending the HomeStyles Home Show event in Saskatoon, SK this past weekend, so here's a little recap on how that went. 

I went on Saturday afternoon and it was BUSY. People everywhere! My dear friend Laura came along with me, which was great. We don't get to see each other very often, so it was nice to catch up. Laura also shares my interest in interior design/decorating, so it was an event we both wanted to take in. (She also brought me some leftover material that I'm going to use to sew the curtains in my kid's play area. Yay! Thanks, Laura!)

Anyway, HomeStyles is an annual home show held in Saskatchewan. This year was their biggest show yet with nearly 300 exhibits. The show gives consumers the opportunity "to talk to many professionals, compare products and obtain quotes from various builder and suppliers - all under one roof." The show also featured a few guest speakers, one of whom was none other than Tommy Smythe, design sidekick from HGTV's Sarah's House. It was great to hear him speak and to meet him afterwards. I've included a few photos of some of the most beautiful, eye-catching pieces and exhibits that stood out to me and of course a few photos of Mr. Smythe! 


Gorgeous Sink: So pretty I can't imagine spitting into it! 



Row, row, row your tub...



Beautiful display featuring various fabrics and window dressings





Lovely re-upholstery job (love the bright pink piping)





Gorgeous Granite






Bright & Bold Exhibit (Laura and I made ourselves right at home.)





A purse with a changeable cover (what a clever idea)




And last but not least... Tommy Smythe!




HomeStyles was an event I thoroughly enjoyed and look forward to attending again next year. 


- The "other" Sarah (he he)


p.s. I took some notes and picked up a few tips from Tommy Smythe's talk that I'll share with you some other time.

Quote Taken From: HomeStyles Brochure Message from the Chair, Wally Mah