Blog Archive

Drawing Inspiration from Abstract Art

You may remember that I've been working on decorating the stairwell in our home. So far I've managed to get some very long curtains up and a gallery wall hung. There is still one enormous blank wall in the space, but I have a plan! I hope to hang a large'ish canvass there. What will be on the canvass? Well, that is yet to be determined.

I have the canvass in my possession. I have paint. I have brushes. Now, whether or not I have the skill to put all of these elements together in a pleasing way is VERY arguable. Part of me really wants to try my hand at painting, and part of me (really most of me) is plum scared.

For now I'm simply gathering some inspiration and waiting for that stroke of bravery to hit me.

I'm thinking of something abstract (it seems more possible). If it managed to turn out something like any one of these I would be tickled pink! 











Obviously I'm not trying to copy any one of these artists, but I am being inspired by them and longing for their talent.

-Sarah

Artists and Image Sources: Rebecca Cabassa; Via Coco + Kelley Blog; Via Elle Decor; Via This is Glamorous; Michelle Armas; Meredith Pardue (left) and Pinterest (right); Via Pinterest; Via Absolutely Beautiful Things; Sally King Benedict