Blog Archive

A Little Weekend Recap

Happy Monday, friends! I hope you had a good weekend. Ours was full, as usual. These days we're coming and going all the time, and that's no exaggeration. Have I told you that we've been living in small town Saskatchewan the past while? Yes, that's right. We've been moving around, following hubby/daddy as he does some of his med training in a few different rural centres. Thankfully, we've always been close enough to home to spend weekends there if we choose to. It just means constantly living out of a suitcase, cooking in a strange kitchen, doing without Starbucks, etc.

Our accommodations have been provided in the different places we've been (which has been nice). We are currently living above the post office in small-town. Oh, and on Friday afternoon we had a farmer's market in our backyard. Ah, small town life. Anyhoo, there's a little update on what we've been up to recently. If you wondered why I haven't posted about any projects I've been up to in my own home, that's why. I haven't been home! Thankfully all this moving around will end soon (for a time).

Another part of this past weekend's busyness was a family photo shoot! It was so much fun. Our photographer chose the following photo, edited it, and sent it to us as a sneak peak...




Wilna Furstenberg (of iheartphotos) is a photographer (amongt other things) in the Prince Albert, SK area. She is darling, and so easy to work with. She made us feel totally comfortable and was great with the kids. I can't wait to see the rest of the photos! 

Yes, that's my new Shabby Apple dress that I'm wearing. Thanks to those of you who helped me decide on that particular one. Oh, and I wore my new boots too! Coordinating "our look" was great fun, and I think we managed to pull of a coordinated, but not-too-matchy ensemble. 

Do you have a favourite go-to look for photo shoots, particularly family photo shoots? I'd love to hear it. 

Tomorrow I hope to share my thoughts on fine china: my quest for the perfect pattern, the perfect pattern that continues to elude me, and my latest thoughts on how to solve the problem (if it can be considered a "problem").

Let the week begin! 

 -Sarah